Friday, October 24, 2014

Israel and heritage: BDS call

From Daniel (I, of course, cite with permission): "As I may have let on previously, I am an adoptee from Lebanon, living in this forsaken place for 10 years now. I recently submitted a saliva sample to the company 23andMe, and hope to find some kind of identifying information through DNA testing. I was horrified to read today that the company has formed a partnership with a genealogical web site called MyHeritage. They are based in Israel, and you gotta ask: Is it not obscene (or worse) that such a company be founded in a place that denies the heritage of millions of Palestinians? Is it not creepy (or worse) that an Israeli company actively catalog genealogical information from around the globe?

May the usurping entity's days be numbered...."